Tuesday, August 08, 2006

This is Fun???

Seriously, why didn't somebody tell me that I would feel like I had been hit by a truck after being dragged by a boat on a tube this past Saturday? If somone came and asked me, "hey do you want to strain every muscle in your body while trying to stay on this really small inner tube like thing (which is nearly impossible)? Oh by the way, your face will be pelted by water that actually feels like a thousand needles and each time you hit the water like a rag doll you'll have to try to keep your swim suit bottoms on. And just when your arms are turning to jello you're "friends" will think it's really funny to go faster (in circles) and try even harder to get you in the water. And even though everyone around the whole lake can hear you screaming, those on the boat can't possibly hear you pleading for your life!" I don't think I would've agreed to this. And people call this "fun"?
Call me crazy, but my idea of fun does not involve aching muscles, nausea, or vertigo. I am such a kill joy, I know.

5 comments:

Kristi Kurtz said...

You were such a trooper! That was so nice of you to make Ray's day by getting out there and experiencing life! I am sorry about the aches and pains...but it was fun to hear you scream. I thought you were having a good time? haha! Well...love ya...and have Parker help you with your muscle issues while you are at the office. :)

Scott Donnelly said...

There is nothing like watching another person scared to death and screaming for mercy to entertain good friends... Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

You don't remember the tragedy years ago at the cottage???

Unknown said...

I have done this and your description was so right on it had me laughing tears!! I feel the same way - I did discover the "sit in it and get pulled" kind of tubing, much more fun!!

NancyJane said...

Oh yes, I remember that day at the cottage years ago! I thought it was only that bad because you and I tried to ride the same tube! Nope, it's just as bad when you have your own.