Monday, October 05, 2009

A New Venture

Everyone dreams of being able to do something they love. I have been so blessed to be able to leave the working world behind and stay at home with our son. I'm so thankful that Mike works so hard for us and has trusted God to meet our needs while we sacrifice to allow me to be with Isaac. Although mothering has turned out to be more of a full time "job" than I ever could have dreamed...I absolutely love it!

I have never regretted our decision, and I don't miss working...but at times it can be easy to lose a little bit of your "self" when you are with a toddler all day, every day! Don't get me wrong, I do get plenty of opportunities to make time for myself (another thing my wonderful hubby had been so gracious about helping me do and I am SO thankful to him for). I have also tried my share of small business opportunities hoping to get that little bit of extra spending money...but none of them really took off for me, and I was okay with that...they were mostly things that helped me support my own hobbies and interests. :)

One such hobby started to make it's way out into the lime light. As I was taking time to work on something I have always loved to do, people began to take notice...something that never occurred to me. I love to take pictures and really began working on improving my skills in this area. I had really only intended to do this for my own benefit, to improve the pictures I was taking of Isaac and our family outings...but before I knew it people were asking me to take pictures for them! The more I do, the more people ask me, and the more I LOVE doing it. So many people have encouraged me to allow this hobby to become a little more, and I have decided to go ahead and try my hand at a small photography business. For now it will be called Nancy Gregg Photography (clever huh?) and I am going to use this blog to post pics that people can view. http://nancygreggphotography.blogspot.com (coming soon).

So I appreciate all your prayers and encouragement. I don't want this to become just another "job", but really an extension of something I love to do and am so blessed to have to opportunity to share with others.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Great Idea for you Nancy. You do take some amazing pictures and seem to have quite an eye for it. An online mom friend of mine has ventured this direction and does it based on her schedule. If your interested check out http://www.livelovedphotography.com/main/Home.aspx Hope it helps! In time I'd love to get fun, not too professional pictures of the boys and our family...looks like I found a local photographer :)

Praying for you! Denise