Saturday, June 16, 2007

Baby Updates

Well, I'm almost 39 weeks! On Thursday we had a late ultrasound to check the size of the baby. It was really amazing to see him at this stage in the game. (I put a few pics up so you can check them out).

Anyway, the tech said that everything looks great. He does appear to be a bit chubby (at least his face), but I think that is cute. They do estimate his size to be about 8 lbs 4 oz. Which is interesting because then she told us that ultrasounds can be 1 lb off either way. So basically he is between 7 - 9 lbs. The main thing is they can tell he is not excessively big, so that was good news.

I guess I have some extra fluid, which is common for mom's with blood sugar issues. She said it was not excessive either and nothing to worry about. She just explained that is why I feel so "full". Like my stomach couldn't possibly stretch any more at all.

Any day now!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading this blog today seeing as you had the big boy last night! I cant believe he is here. I cant wait to meet him. I prayed all the way to work for you and Isaac and Mike. It is my joy to be friends with you and I want to be over your house more and more. I want to help you and be here for you. Take me up on that. I am sure you will have lots of people around. :) Hope to get up to the hospital to see you...but if I dont (cause of my friends wedding stuff this week and the wedding Saturday)...I will see you when you get home. Hopefully you get more rest in the hospital then I did. They never leave the patient alone. haha. Love you! Talk to you soon
Love KK