Thursday, October 12, 2006

Conversation

A conversation between me and God. (paraphrased by me as written by Karon Phillips Goodman in "You're late again Lord").

God: "Let me guess, you are frustrated with waiting on me, aren't you?"

Me: "Well, yes...sometimes I feel like I am waiting for your answers and they won't come. I'm waiting for things to happen, for plans to work out...it feels like the more I go forward, the more I fall back."

God: "You aren't trusting me to lead you where you need to go."

Me: "I'm trying to...I want to...but I feel like I'm not going anywhere."

God: "That's because you are focused on the destination, instead of the journey."

Me: "I'm not sure I'm cut out for this journey. I long for the destination! I am constantly threatened by doubt in the trenches, in the fear, in the uncertainty that surrounds me while I wait for your blessings."

God: "You don't have to wait for my blessings! You will find many of them on the journey. Call to me, and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things which you do not know. (Jer 33:3)"

Me: "I don't want to miss your blessings, Lord. What do I need to do?"

God: "Overcome your doubt with faith! You do not understand the best way to reach the destination. I go out before you, you can trust me...because you know my voice (John 10:4). Don't assume that I will lead you to YOUR destination. Only I know which destination is best and I will direct you there (Prov 16:9). You must walk worthy of me, fully pleasing me, being fruitful in every good work and increasing in knowledge of me (Col 1:10).

Me: "Forgive my doubt Lord. I want to focus on the journey and not the destination. Help me!"

God: "Dear one. I love you and have already given you all you need. Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, and faithful in prayer (Rom 12:12). I will do more than you could ever ask or imagine (Eph 3:20).

1 comment:

Kristi Kurtz said...

Great entry. I need to be faithful in prayer. I dont know why I know the things to do and I dont do them.

Love you