Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Unbelieveable

I honestly can't believe this has happened...I'm not sure why, because it is just par for the course...just when we thought we may have finally outsmarted him...he did it...again.

Those of you who know us, know exactly what I'm talking about. If you don't, you can check out the first story called "this is for the dogs" about our dog Bailey and his shenanigans.

Since the first time Bailey destroyed our fence we spent $600 for repairs to the gate and to install a second fence (chain link) behind the vinyl fence. The intention was to keep him from getting close enough to the vinyl fence to chew it. Well, it didn't work.

First, he learned to lift the latch on the chain link fence. Easy enough...we put a lock on it. That worked for a few days, but then he started digging under the chain fence. No problem, he's a digger...we should've known...so we burried our brick pavers again along the fence line, so he couldn't dig. (I'm sure home depot is expecting us to buy stock in brick pavers, between this house and the last one...this is the third time we have had to buy several of them to deter digging). Good, problem solved.

Oh no, not good enough. Bailey has discovered a weak spot in the chain link fence. He pushed against it just enough to get it away from the brick pavers so he could dig a hole on the other side...thus escaping the dog run and chewing the newly repaired vinyl gate to pieces....AGAIN!

So, what now? Back to home depot to get MORE pavers, dirt and gravel to put on the other side of the fence and something to steak the bottom of the fence into the ground so he can't move it.

Seriously...he is a dog. How on earth is he learning these things? I can't for the life of me figure out why he lives to make us miserable. I know most people would've gotten rid of him long ago. Maybe we should have...but I just can't do it. Every time I even consider it, I lose it completely. What is it that makes me so willing to tolerate this nonsense and throw away tons of $$$ on this DOG?

I guess it's love. This must be how parents feel about thier kids. Even when they completely break your heart...they still have a place in it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm osrry this happened again, hopefully this will be the last time. How do you have such a positive attitude????

Anonymous said...

Sorry Nancy, I know you love him, but....I still vote you get rid of him and take Bauer instead. (J/K)...sorta.