Thursday, September 14, 2006

Looking Forward

I feel like it has been awhile since my last blog. 9 days...I guess that's a bit of a stretch. Isn't it funny how sometimes the words just come to you and you could write for hours, but other times...the well is dry. I'm not sure if my well is really dry...I think it is more like overflowing and I just can't get a grasp on all my thoughts and what I want to share.

There are so many things coming up that I am so excited about.

Fall, is arriving! My favorite season. Carmel Apple Cider at Starbucks (or Caribou)...yum.

I have SO many scheduled dates with friends - Some I haven't seen in years! Some are new friends I am getting better aquainted with, and others are close friends that I regularly make a point to spend time with (thankfully that list is growing!). Coffee dates, Scrapbook dates, Dinner dates, Tiger Games, Parties! I just can't wait!

Choir has started again and our Glory of Christmas Concert is just around the corner. I just love this time with the Choir! We always meet new people and get to spend lots of time with people we've known for years. I really feel like it is one big family and it is so fun to go through this together.

Hockey season! I love Hockey and so does Mike. I love watching it with him or getting together with friends. And of course, I do love Nicklas Lidstom...Captain...that's right...Captain of the Detroit Red Wings. Go Wings!

The Holidays. I see more family, friends, drink more coffee or warm cozy drinks, cook more, build fires in the fireplace, decorate the house, SHOP more!, listen to holiday music, cuddle with the dogs (they are not outside as much in the colder months - less escape probability = less impatience with them = more cuddle time!), and let's not forget the annual family Christmas picture! It is all so fun.

Lately, I've been focused so much on the things I don't like waiting for...it is just refreshing to look forward to all the things I am excitedly waiting for. :) I'm learning that the things I do while I'm waiting on God do not change His plan, they just determine how I feel while I'm waiting. I'm trying to choose to wait expectantly and excitedly instead of waiting impatiently and like a victim.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about fall! It's my absolute favorite time as well. I think it's just easier to get together with friends because the hectic days of summer are gone! Of course my favorite part about it is the wardrobe. Jeans and sweatshirts here I come!!

Kristi Kurtz said...

Love the last paragraph (**I love fall too)...but I love the line that says "it doesnt matter what i do while I am waiting on God...it doesnt change his plan but changes me attitude while I wait." Or something like that...great thought and one that I need to adapt too. Love you girl...hope to spend more and more time with you.